
After discussing
facebook last night over dinner (with good friends), I thought I would blog about some of my thoughts concerning it. Without any reluctance on my part, my girls signed me up almost a year ago. After all, I am trying to stay on top of things and keep my mind working. Due to the fact that it can be very addicting and time consuming, I am trying to put some limits on myself.
Facebook is a great way to catch up with old friends, make some new ones, and keep up with current ones (not to mention your kids!). There are people that sign up just to observe, but not participate (probably the safest thing to do) and those that just want to play games (
ok...they really get on my nerves). Some want to promote their political views (which is fine with me since I don't take the paper!) and others that want to share their family pictures ( I'm good at that). For the most part, friends just want to share what is going on in their life...good or bad. I have found myself laughing at some and praying for others. Unfortunately, I just recently had my first experience with smut (yes, you read it right). Talk about "clean up on aisle 6," I took another look at all of my privacy controls (I could just visualize my Bible study leader reading my page). There is always going to be an "idiot" out there that puts a damper on everything.
Facebook has been a good experience for me and I am going to continue to enjoy it. I just have one suggestion for participants...lock it. lol:0)
No comments:
Post a Comment