Growing up, I never paid much attention to Veterans Day. I did have several friends that served in Vietnam and, sad to say, I lost a friend there. I remember asking my Dad if he ever served in the military (feeling a little left out when the other kids talked about it) and he explained to me that he was too young to sign up for WWII. Wanting to remain a hero in my eyes, he told me that he was going to lie about his age and sign up anyway...but his Mom (my precious grandmother) threatened to embarrass him by busting him out of his commitment! With all of the uncertainty in the world today, I clearly see why this day is so special. So, on this day of being thankful, I want to give a big "shout out" for those who have put their life on the line for the cause of freedom. " Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13Friday, November 11, 2011
11/11/11
Growing up, I never paid much attention to Veterans Day. I did have several friends that served in Vietnam and, sad to say, I lost a friend there. I remember asking my Dad if he ever served in the military (feeling a little left out when the other kids talked about it) and he explained to me that he was too young to sign up for WWII. Wanting to remain a hero in my eyes, he told me that he was going to lie about his age and sign up anyway...but his Mom (my precious grandmother) threatened to embarrass him by busting him out of his commitment! With all of the uncertainty in the world today, I clearly see why this day is so special. So, on this day of being thankful, I want to give a big "shout out" for those who have put their life on the line for the cause of freedom. " Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment