Thursday, August 9, 2012

Camp Thurman 2012



Camp has come a  l o n g way since I was a kid.  Our church group packed ourselves into a rundown old bus all the way to Cedar Hill, Texas.  I think the bus driver made a few extra loops around Cedar Hill just to make us feel like we had really left town!  Entertainment consisted of church services, swimming, more church services, some baseball, and still another church service!!!!!  The highlight of the week was playing some practical jokes on fellow campers and sneaking out of the cabins at night....talk about Camp Granada.
Jackson, Ella, and Sydney spent the week at Camp Thurman in Arlington.  Although, they are too little to spend the night yet, their days were filled up with some fun filled activities.  Zip lines, rock climbing, art projects, and water slides, kept these kids busy...even when the temps reached 104.  Early to bed and early to rise....nooooooo problem. 


   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to add the part where Aunt Poochie was a mother of 4 kids that week...picking up and dropping off at camp every day!!! I needed a vacation after that!