Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Be True To Your School!

 
 
Dear Grandkids, you will make a lot of memories in your lifetime but ALWAYS hang on to those sweet and fun moments from high school.  I went to a very large school and there were 735 graduating seniors.  There was no way that we could all get to know each other, so most of us just clumped up in groups.  As the years passed, and the reunions got smaller, we finally realized that we have something in common...Life!  For some odd reason, I was asked to help chair this 45th celebration.  I accepted with some apprehension, but so thankful I did.  It was good to get past the PTHSS (post traumatic high school syndrome) and celebrate with some great OLD friends.  
  • Pattie Davidson, with her brother, Mike Rhyner, along with Diane and myself.
 

I met my wonderful friend, Diane, when I was 15 years old.  She talked me into skipping school on several occasions; one of which I met your Big Pop!  
 


Dad let us have a "photo shoot" with his old 57!
 

Old HIPPIES are the best Hippies!
 

Run!!!! It's your Grandmother!
 

We reenacted the good old PROM days...complete with the  faithful old wiglet.  It felt like a scene from MY FAIR LADY.
 

 
Dad, with Diane and Vickie. They spent plenty of nights at my house, keeping him awake.
 

Diane, myself, Kathy, Cindy, and Donna (back).
 
 Steve and I brought back some good memories of school spirit and Friday night football.
 

 
Yes, we wore these tacky things for gym class. Our names were  monogrammed on  the front and back.  I guess the school was afraid they were going to lose us.  
 
So, these are some thoughts that I want to leave you with, that many of us discussed:  God really does have a plan for us (Jer. 29:11).  Parents really are pretty smart and cool.  Their rules are for your good.  Don't do stupid things to impress other people.  It will stay with you forever!  Lastly, Proverbs 31:30 says "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting.We certainly found that to be true! 

No comments: