Wednesday, December 30, 2020

THE END 2020

Ignore the order of these pictures.  Heck, this whole year has been out of order!!!!  2020 has mostly been a dumpster dive but I wouldn't have traded it for anything.  We have continued to carry on.  The girls and their families have all had (and survived) stupid covid.  Somehow, by the grace of God, the Big Man and I have escaped it (knock on wood).  I'm not trying to to make light of the situation, as I know so many that have suffered.  The vaccine is now out and is being distributed, so hopefully 2021 will be better!  That being said, we had a wonderful Christmas.  We missed the big family get together but I am so grateful that the ten of us were able to spend a few non boring days together.  The above picture is Larry's Christmas present.  A brand new truck.  I got a flashlight.  Again, as I look back I am once again reminded of God's goodness.  "But one thing I do:  forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Phillipians 3:13-14   

   


This picture has to be one of my favorites.  Never be embarrassed to show affection.


This pretty girl got her braces off.  That smile makes my heart so happy.


My Mom made this old ceramic Santa in 1959 and signed it on the back.  She also made the matching cups and wrote our names on them.  I treasure this and display it every single year.  My little piece of my Mother at Christmas.  


Big Pop made this little cave for Jackson when he was two years old and he still uses it as his own personal space.  It is in the attic!




It was sweet to see stockings hanging on the mantel again.  To full to leave hanging, after old Santa came.


Traditional picture!


Dad had to miss all of the family get togethers but we did manage to sneak in a few gifts to him.  The Pepsi mask was his favorite.


Every woman needs one!


Pics before presents...works every single time!


Our traditional Christmas night dinner.  Jack in the Box.  


Enough said.


The CRL game was small but we sweetened the pot with some random gift cards.  And the winner was... SYDNEY.



 Opening presents



No comments: