Sunday, December 31, 2023

12/31/23 one two three

Our year end story...

November hit us hard, but once again, God reminded us that he truly is in control.  My Dad took a really bad fall and spent 5 weeks in the hospital with rehab.  He charmed all of the nurses and got an official send off.  He was thrilled to get back to his home, his chair, and his dog.  His life has significantly been changed, but we are just so thankful that we still have him.


And the big man had a complete shoulder replacement.  I spent a couple of days between two hospitals!  Beth came to the rescue, and along with Brittney, they really chipped in.  They spent hours in the hospital with Dad, changed their Dad's bandages, and cooked.


I couldn't leave Larry alone (he is not good about following the doctor's instructions), so I took him to Canton.  The scary part is, that he loved it!!!!!


December arrived and all of these lights suddenly appeared out of nowhere.  I took advantage of Larry's temporary disability, and paid someone to do it!  


My Mother loved making holiday sweatshirts in the nineties.  I saved a couple of them, so Beth paid her a sweet tribute!


Diane and I took our girls and grands to the magnificent Christmas pageant at Prestonwood.  


There is nothing that makes me happier than this mess.  Truly, there is no place like home!




My own personal elves!



Bring on 2024, Jesus.  We know you've got our backs!

No comments: