Anyone that knows Larry, knows that he is identified by his vehicles...the worse they look, the better. He suffers from separation anxiety when faced with the thought of letting one of these vehicles go. Tucked neatly in our back drive way, we have two sea doos (broke), one four wheeler (broke), a tahoe, my suburban, and a work truck for Larry (works slightly). Fred has always been Larry's favorite. Although, we retired him years ago, Larry just couldn't watch this week as I had him hauled away. The neighbors watched from their windows with their thumbs up! Fred left us with many good memories...as he backfired magnificently and scared the pants off of many bystanders. Now, we have one spot opened for another vehicle...
Drop Dead Fred
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have never been more embarrassed than when Dad would drop me off at school in Fred and backfire on his way through the carpool lane. So long, Fred....does Blanco have automatic windows? If so, does Dad even know how to work them?
He used to take me to school in Ol' Red.... and you could see the street through the floor board. I made sure he parked down the road so I could pretend to have walked to school.
Y'all take a sniff of Blanco... it won't last long!
hilarious...i have been a bystander of the backfiring of "fred" many times...sometimes that's how i knew larry was in the neigborhood! good memories...
Post a Comment