As I get older, I have discovered that I am less adaptable to change. Brittney has taught at the Sloan School for years. It was a convenience that I didn't think much about until she had Sydney. Brittney has recently gotten the opportunity to teach at the Oakridge private school in Ft. Worth which is just minutes from her house. It is bittersweet for me as I will miss just popping in at Sloan and seeing Sydney whenever I want to!! I will miss seeing students that I watched grow up and their parents that I have gotten to know so well. On the upside, Sydney will get a good education at an accredited private school that goes through the 12th grade. A lot of prayers went up for this decision as I know it was hard for Brittney. I am thankful for the years that she had at Sloan and the doors it has opened up for her. She got to teach with some fabulous teachers that passed their passion on to her. Time to move on...God has a new plan for our GIRL! Jeremiah 29:11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You must be so proud!! Your daughter is one amazing woman! You know, I'm old and have taught for many years!! Never have I had more fun, creative, productive, nurturing, BLESSED years than I did teaching with Brittney and Kim. God has amazing plans for her and I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to work with her. I AM placing her in good hands, however. Jamie has been one of my closest friends for over 20 years...she ALREADY loves Brittney and the year hasn't even begun!!
As the words to one of Amy Grant's song go:
My life will always be richer for the time I've spent with...Brittney!
Ditto to Kim...
I feel GREATLY blessed that my son got the privilege of being taught not once by Brittney, but TWICE! She has an extraordinary gift in teaching these young children. I am SO SO SO sad that Tyler will not have her for his 5th grade year, and that Parker will have never had the gift of her teaching. I'm just thankful that I can call her friend. She's the best...we love her!
Awww...I'm blushing! It is a very bittersweet time for me.
Post a Comment