Friday, January 23, 2009

Granny's attic

This past summer, Larry and I moved his 91 year old mother into assisted living. Granny has lived in the same house for over 57 years. I have heard that people that lived through the depression never threw anything away...thinking that it might come in handy later. Surely, that was the case with Granny, because she saved every transister radio, camera, letter, and clothing item that ever crossed her path!
Every time we get a chance, Larry and I make a trip to Granny's house to sort through things. It is so hard trying to decide what to keep and what to get rid of...you just can't keep it all. We have found so many little treasures. We have also thrown away a lot of junk! This reality has forced me to try and get rid of some of my own clutter...which I am sure I will replace.
The two characters above, (Caesars Palace people), have been on top of Granny's mantel for as long as I can remember. She has always told me that she wanted me to have them...just great, what am I going to do with these people! Being the good daughter in law that I am, I brought them home. We placed them in various places around the house...the bathroom, entry hall, trash compactor, etc. We finally decided to put them by our own fireplace. So here they are...thank you Granny.

No comments: