
Today is Granny's birthday (Larry's Mom) and she is 92 years old. She lives in a nice assisted living facility and seems to be quite happy. She worked and ran her own business until she was 89. Now she spends her free time playing bingo and cards...and she gets very upset if she doesn't win! I have to admit that I have not had the greatest history with my mother in law but over the years we have come to appreciate each other more. She is full blooded Italian and it seems that we were always in a "power" struggle over this or that. Now that I am a "mother in law," I see things more objectively. Granny has outlived her husband and one son, but she still gets up every morning just glad to be here. We are glad you are here too, Granny. Happy Birthday!
2 comments:
I love your post and the honesty about your relationship! Time (and i'm learning age...) heals a lot, doesn't it? :)
Caryn, I can't imagine you being in a power struggle!!
How lucky Larry is to still have mom with him!
Such a sweet picture!
Post a Comment