Can you believe that the year is half over? In a few more months we will all be getting ready for the holidays. Hard to imagine...although some cool weather sounds really good about now! I love the 4th of July. I love the flags and the fireworks...I just don't like Larry and fireworks. The man is fearless.
Last fall, I took a trip with my cousin to Virginia to visit her son at the Virginia Military Institute. It was a great chance to catch up on some American history. One of my favorite sites was the home of Thomas Jefferson. The "Monticello" is unbelievable and well worth the trip. Although he served as President, Jefferson only wanted to be remembered as the author of the Declaration of Independence and the Father of the University of Virginia. He died on the 4th of July in 1826, exactly 50 years after the adoption of the Declaration. Just what you wanted to read...a history lesson!

1 comment:
What a great post!! I have always wanted to take a trip there with the boys. I grew up in Maryland and remember visiting so many of our historical sites as a child. I would love for the boys to see them as well.
Thomas Jeffereson and I share a birth date!!! :)
Post a Comment