Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Two Sons

Jason and Trey
Since both of my son in laws are out of town, I thought it would be a good time to write about them (hmmm)! Trey is in Colorado with Brittney and his family. Jason is in Botswana, Africa on a mission trip. Anyone who knows Larry knows why God chose to give him girls. Trust me, another "Little Larry" running around would not necessarily be a safe thing! Larry never ever complained about not having a boy. He adored his girls the minute he saw them. He enjoyed each and every one of their "girly" activities and never complained about the constant recitals that we were always going to. However....when Jason and Trey joined the family, Larry got a real bonus. These boys love to hunt and fish. There is nothing that Larry enjoys more than taking "his boys" on a "guy trip." Oh, the stories they come back with. I am thankful for this time that Larry has to spend doing the things that he really enjoys. As for the boys, I love having them too. Do they ever irritate me....yes, but not near as much as I probably irritate them! This I know for sure, I love the way they both love the Lord, love my girls, and love their children. Thank you, God!

2 comments:

Misty said...

such a blessing...something you pray for your children and looks like God answered those prayers for you!

Mike and Kim said...

You know, years ago I started praying for Tod's wife..and have since added Craig, Cole and Reed to that list. You have sure been blessed with these two!

My boys would gladly join Larry on ANY of his "guy trips!!"