Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Heroes

My second cousin, Aaron is a Captain in the U. S. Army. To say the least, our family is very proud of him! Today, I went out to DfW to welcome him home from Iraq. His wife, Christine, and their new baby boy, Timothy (who is the cutest thing, ever!), have not seen him in six months. I am embarrassed to admit that this was my first time to experience the homecoming of a soldier. The cheers, the music, patriotism, and yes, the tears...were just overwhelming. Thank you, thank you many times over for serving our country.
Christine with Timothy.
Hugs
And lots of kisses :)

2 comments:

Misty said...

I get chills just looking at those photos. I've been out there once and it is something everyone should experience...truly amazing!
Sure glad he is safe and at home!

p.s. I hear you are leaving for the most wonderful place tomorrow! :)

Mike and Kim said...

Beautiful post...something we are eternally grateful for...those who are willing to serve our country. What a homecoming!