Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

My Dad is 80 years young today. Our family is just so incredibly blessed to have this special person in our lives. He starts each day on his knees in prayer for each one of us. Dad gets around really good (I can barely keep up with him) and still enjoys his favorite hobby...HIS BOAT! Dad has a 1955 Chris Craft that he purchased in 1959. We made a lot of good memories around that old boat. These days, he enjoys entering boat shows and cruising around various Texas lakes. It has been a hard year for Dad...his first without Mom, but his faith and love for his family has seen him through it. Happy Birthday Dad! Dad and his boat, "Deja Vu"

2 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Wow, Caryn...our families are having more and more similarities!! When I had Cole, Brittney came to be my sub...I about fell over when she told me her name (my niece is a Brittany Jackson too...just spelled differently)..and of course that is my maiden name. Then, my older sister is one of my best friends...KAREN....and your dad's birthday is May 14th and my dad's is May 13th!!!

I love the photo! Despite his difficult year, he looks very happy. It must bring your mom such peace to know he is in your hands!

Hope his day was perfect!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Papaw!!!