My Mother (Catherine) and myself in 1954
I wanted to make this post early because this is going to be a difficult week for me as well as the rest of the family. We spent last Mothers Day at the hospital with my Mom. Mom had been sick for a long time with both cancer and alzheimer's disease. To be honest, I started to pray her home the last year of her life. I knew in my heart that she would have wanted it that way. Because of that, this week has been bittersweet. Mothers Day was the last day that she really recognized me and told me that she loved me. It was the most precious time, and for that I will always be grateful. Mom passed a couple of days later. Last week, Ella Kate (2 1/2) asked, "Are you happy G?" Yes Ella, I am happy. I am happy because my Mother left me with soooo many good memories that I want to pass on to you, Jackson, and Sydney....and we will make some new ones too. Happy Mothers Day Mom. You were the best!
I wanted to make this post early because this is going to be a difficult week for me as well as the rest of the family. We spent last Mothers Day at the hospital with my Mom. Mom had been sick for a long time with both cancer and alzheimer's disease. To be honest, I started to pray her home the last year of her life. I knew in my heart that she would have wanted it that way. Because of that, this week has been bittersweet. Mothers Day was the last day that she really recognized me and told me that she loved me. It was the most precious time, and for that I will always be grateful. Mom passed a couple of days later. Last week, Ella Kate (2 1/2) asked, "Are you happy G?" Yes Ella, I am happy. I am happy because my Mother left me with soooo many good memories that I want to pass on to you, Jackson, and Sydney....and we will make some new ones too. Happy Mothers Day Mom. You were the best!

3 comments:
Love you and miss you, MawMaw!! I hope you are drinking a Diet Pepsi, eating some heavenly chocolates this Mother's Day!
Oh my gosh Caryn, you sure brought on many tears...both of joy and sadness. Joy especially in knowing that she is safe in the arms of God, finally at Home! But, oh, how I know just how your heart feels. So heavy, so dark at times, and truly it just down right physically aches often....especially on special days.
I, too, am so thankful to God for making us the way that he did. Our hearts and heads are full of memeories as we remember...and it sustains us.
I will be praying for you this weekend....I pray He allows you to feel her...especially this weekend.
What a great picture. Get a tissue and go listen to Sissy's Song by Alan Jackson!! Or, wait a few days and it will be on our blog! It's perfect.
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Love,
Kim
What a sweet post Caryn. I lost my Mimi in February and I too prayed her home for man years....Happy Belated Mothers Day :)
Post a Comment