Friday, August 14, 2009

Gone but not forgotten...

This past week, Kathy (my cousin) and I set out on a mission to explore our family history in Tennessee. It was a very long trip but there is so much to see along the way. We met up with two of the Livingston town historians and got more information than we bargained for! We climbed hills, crossed creeks, climbed over electrical fences, and met cows face to face. The journey was worth it because we found what we were looking for....
hitting the road in the early morning
hills, valleys, and cows
This is the old family cemetery....very scenic. After we came across a dead rattlesnake, we made a quick exit!
We stopped and visited the "Hermitage," the home of President Andrew Jackson and saw his burial place...much safer.

2 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

What a great post! Looks like you all had a great time! I love your trips and sharings about them!!

Misty said...

I've always wanted to visit Tennessee...love all of these fun adventures you take! They are fun to see.