
Today, My Dad and I took a short trip to
Waxahachie to chase down another set of great, great, grandparents on my Mother's side. I am ashamed to admit that as long as I have lived in the
metroplex, I have never been
thru the old courthouse there. The architecture of this old building is just unbelievable and it is so fascinating. We were even allowed to go
thru all of the old county records ourselves...just to see these old books was amazing. Our mission led us to a very old cemetery where we were looking for Will Jones. It was so hot ... I couldn't believe my 80 year old Dad was being such a "trooper." After about an hour of frustration, I heard my Dad yell out, "Whistle Willie!" I guess the dead do talk (or whistle) because there he was....right in front of us. Now, my Dad is hooked.
1 comment:
i love all of your fun little trips you take. so sweet that he cleaned the tombstone, i love sweet old men :)
Post a Comment