Monday, August 24, 2009

A day of firsts

I know that I can come up with some pretty sappy posts...so here I go again. Where does the time go? It was just yesterday that I picked Beth up from her first day of Kindergarten. I remember clearly asking her how she liked her first day. Her reply, "Well, they didn't teach us how to read." Sure Beth, they were going to teach you how to read on the first day!!!!! Such expectations. The next 16 years flew by with minimal damage. Today, Jackson started Kindergarten and Beth had to send her cute (really cute), smart (really smart), and strong willed (very strong willed) little boy out to the "real world." I just called Jack to see how he liked his first day...said he couldn't talk...he was doing his homework! Beth's Kindergarten picture
I think the back pack is bigger than he is
It was the first day back for Brittney too. She has a combined class of 4th and 5th graders and they are the cutest kids you have ever seen.
Last but not least...Miss Sydney with some really cute boys!

3 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Wow, these pictures and your post have brought so many tears tonight! So excited for Jackson and Beth...yet my heart hurts that I am not next door to Brittney, I don't get to see the only 1 year old girl in my life, Sydney, and I don't get to see you very often either, Caryn!!!!! I miss you all!

Misty said...

Jackson is just such a cutie. I'm sure he'll soar in Kindergarten! Everyone says that time flies when your kids start school, and it is oh so true! We are so excited to have Brittney as Tyler's teacher AGAIN! How fun that he made your post in a picture! :) Sydney should have no problem with attention this year...with ALL those boys!

Anonymous said...

Too bad 1/2 of my kiddos left before you took that picture. It doesn't seem to show the GIGANTIC class of 23 kids!