Monday, August 3, 2009

Living and Learning

Larry and I have been married 35 years today. I wish there was a country western song to describe our marriage but I don't think it has been written yet! Larry and I met at the end of our senior year of high school. He went on to Texas A&M and I hit the road to Texas Tech. He finished school and I didn't (big mistake that I would not let my girls repeat). We married after he graduated and so it began... Do we have a perfect marriage? No. We work really hard at making it work. We are complete opposites in a lot of ways. I don't think that I am a very good wife in the biblical sense (something that I am convicted of daily) but I am what Larry needs. I can honestly say that looking back the years have been pretty good to us. We have weathered some really bad situations and God has proven his faithfulness to us. We are very proud of the way our girls turned out and occasionally like to pat ourselves on the back for it! We hope to spend the next 35 years still living, learning, loving, and most importantly, LAUGHING. wedding gowns have come a long way...they don't look like bath robes anymore!
Today...with a few extra pounds, no hair, and a lot of lines!

4 comments:

Misty said...

such a wonderful example to us all, we love you!

Mike and Kim said...

As Tod used to say when he was little, "Happy Get Married Day!!" Your MARRIAGE is testament of God's love and His Light shines so brightly through your union!

I hope your day was filled with love.

Ever listen to Clint Black's "Something That We Do" ? It's on our blog music...you should listen!

Kate said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little disturbed that Dad is my size in your wedding picture. What does the future hold?